The GRIESHABER Logistics Park in Ravensburg, GLR for short, is the largest continuous logistics area in the Lake Constance-Upper Swabian region, with more than 100,000 m² of land.
Ravensburg, the former free city, now has more than 50,000 inhabitants. The town gained in importance and had a major trading tradition thanks to the Humpis family, well before the Fugger trading family started wielding its influence. The traditional rood festival (Rutenfest) is a well-known and regular feature in the calendar of many visitors well beyond the borders of Württemberg.
GRIESHABER Logistik GmbH started with a partial purchase of the former Ulmia plot in 2007, right next to the Weissenau Monastery – a major capacity expansion. The advantages of the location were, however, of such excellent quality that the entire plot of land was bought in 2013.
The infrastructure offered by GRIESHABER’s GLR site in Ravensburg:
- pallet racks, shelving racks, paternoster systems, push-through racks, block warehouse, outdoor storage spaces,
- narrow-aisle trucks, high-bay forklifts, storage and retrieval machines, front loaders up to 8 tonnes, electric lifting trucks,
- use of scanner technology for paper-free material flows,
- well-developed outdoor stores area with more than 30,000 m² useable space,
- qualified pharmaceutical storage rooms (DQ, OQ, IQ, PQ) that comply with GDP/GxP demands,
- multi-user areas,
- special storage areas,
- temperature-controlled storage areas from 15° to 25°C,
- refrigerated storage area from 2° to 8°C,
- spacious office areas, and
- 20 loading areas ensure short internal distances.
Capacities at GLR
- Size of property: approx. 100,000 m².
- Current useable area: about 50,000 m².
Extensive storage capacities are currently occupied with engines; machinery; agricultural equipment; packaging materials; pharmaceutical raw, auxiliary and operating materials; spare parts and commercial products.
A Packaging Centre has also been set up at the Ravensburg site (GLR).