North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) is Germany’s top logistics region. So GRIESHABER has considerably expanded its presence here. Our first site in NRW was Kerpen, a town in the Rhine-Erft region. The town is located in the Rhineland lignite mining region / Bay of Cologne and thus only a few kilometres west of Cologne itself. Kerpen has had official permission to use the suffix “Kolpingstadt” since 2012 (Kolping was a priest and is a Catholic saint). With almost 70,000 inhabitants, Kerpen is the largest town in the Rhine-Erft region.
What infrastructure does the GRIESHABER plant in Kerpen-Türnich offer:
- crane tracks for 5 to 16 tonnes,
- pallet racks, shelving racks, push-through racks, block warehouse, outdoor storage spaces, and
- industrial trucks from reach trucks, through front loaders, to electric lifting trucks, as well as picking systems.
- With this equipment we can move, unload, store, pick, prepare and load long, heavy, tall, wide, deep, and sensitive goods.
- Use of scanner technology for paper-free material flows.
- Pest control in use for solutions complying with the British Retail Consortium (BRC) global standard, the International Featured Standards (IFS) Food Logistics standard, and the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standard.
- Safety and Quality Assessment System (SQAS) certification and application.
Capacities in Kerpen-Türnich
- Enclosed storage space: approx. 5,000 m²
- Pallet storage spaces: about 6,000
- Land: approx. 24,000 m²
- Workshop and technology: approx. 450 m²
- Office and communal spaces: approx. 850 m²
- About 20 towing units
The capacities can be expanded at short notice and as required. Regardless of whether movable assets or buildings are involved.